FreshPoint CDL Class A or B Delivery Driver in Pompano Beach, Florida
General Purpose of the Position:
Efficiently deliver produce to customers, rotate their coolers, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service. Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
Key Relationships: Transportation manager, Executive Management Team, Sales Associates and Customers
High School Diploma or GED
Experience and Responsibilities:
- A valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A or B.
- Clear MVR
- Minimum 1 year CMV and route delivery experience.
- Knowledge of the tri-county area.
- Experience in accurate handling of money preferred and perform simple math.
- Good communication skills and professional manner dealing with customers and fellow associates. Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times.
- Rotate coolers for customers in confined spaces.
- Call in to report when customer doesn’t receive their entire order (shorts).
- Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, comply with all DOT regulations, and perform pre-trip inspections.
- Report accidents and injuries immediately and/or any damage to the equipment or person.
- Handle all customer complaints professionally.
- Responsible for upkeep/cleanliness of vehicles at the end of shift – clean cab and box.
- Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Frequent moving of product up to 50 pounds during the shift; infrequent moving up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions (hot weather, rain, and extreme cold temperatures)
Location: Florida - Pompano Beach / Ft. Lauderdale
Job Code: DEL109
# of openings: 1