Danaher Corporation Senior Mechanical Engineer - Miami in Miami, Florida
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
We are looking for a dynamic Mechanical Engineer to join our team! The ideal candidate will perform various clinical laboratory tests to obtain data, following established standards, practices and procedures and exercising independent/correlated judgment. Additionally you will perform quality controls, and keep accurate records.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of projects though product conception, definition, design, documentation, and release to production.
- Serves as an SME in relevant product development projects.
- Works collaboratively across engineering disciplines to define product architectures and ensure consistency of common technologies.
- Designs and analyzes mechanical systems to achieve product specifications.
- Develops component and system tests to validate performance of mechanical components which demonstrate manufacturability, compliance with CE EMC, and environmental stress.
- Maintains existing products as required to meet safety, reliability, and customer expectations.
- Organizes and actively participates in design reviews and project reviews.
- Adheres to quality system requirements in the development of new products including all required documentation.
- Understands Danaher Business System tools and applies to day-to-day work.
- Ensures compliance to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years OR a Master’s degree in Engineering with a minimum 3 years, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level. * Familiar with ISO quality systems related to design control and product release requirements and audits. * Experience with IVD and/or Life Science instruments – desired. * Experience with SolidWorks and / or ProEngineer. * Knowledge of ASME and / or ISO dimensioning and tolerancing. * Familiarity with electronic Product Data Management (ePDM) a plus. * Mechanical design, modeling, performance analysis, and tradeoff analysis. * Packaging of cameras, optics, printed circuit boards, and microfluidic pumps and valves a distinct plus. * Background in the design and construction of glass / metal / acrylic flow
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Miami
Req ID: BEC009734