SMG Porter in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Supervisors/Managers
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/non-exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Porter for SMG/Savor at the Broward County Convention Center located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Responsible for monitoring and helping to supervise activities relating to food & beverage porter service for facility events to ensure that food is served promptly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be familiar with and follow all property standard operating procedures, policies and regulations.
- Must understand and practice the concept of teamwork.
- As soon as porter is on property he/she must be in proper uniform and maintain grooming and appearance standards at all times while on property. This means as soon as they step foot on property, not after they have arrived to their work station.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the Convention Center.
- Must strive to provide guests with a memorable experience and exceed their expectations by anticipating their needs.
- Assist with collecting and cleaning all concession equipment.
- Assist with storing deliveries ensuring all items are put in the proper place, rotated correctly and are wrapped, labeled and dated.
- Set up and organize Concession Stands with designated supplies, replenishing as needed throughout shift and reporting shortages in a timely manner to management ensuring no disruption in guest service.
- Ensures opening and closing check lists are completed on a daily basis.
- Clean out stands at end of function and re-set stands for next function.
- Refresh all rooms during breaks.
- Ensure all Concession Stands and storage areas are clean at all times and kept in proper condition according to company standards.
- Anticipate guests' needs, responding in a quick, friendly and efficient manner
- Performs any other duties as required by management to ensure excellent customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educations and/or Experience
- Must be compliant with health codes
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have current food handler's certification.
- Must have one year of experience in the food industry
Skills and Abilities
- Must have attention to detail
Must speak English and be able to understand Manager's instructions and guest requests.
Must have good oral communication skills
- Must have strong customer service skills
Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be results driven
Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed. No travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. up to 10 minutes at a time.
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Irregular hours dictated by events
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at -
Go to Link:
Tina M. Vidal
Savor -- Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 954-765-5900
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Summary
Open -- 10/03/2017 Close -- TBD
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled