Ultimate Software MANAGER, QUALITY ENGINEERING in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
This position requires excellent technical team leadership. We are looking for a Quality Engineering Manager who is passionate about leading, passionate about quality, passionate about test automation and truly enjoys what they do. Ultimate Software works in an agile environment with daily stand ups and code reviews as well as constant communication within each self-managed multi-functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Quality Engineers, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities*:*
- Run and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead test automation initiatives across all functional areas
- Manage Quality Engineers resources based on demand
- Drive process improvement in the organization to reduce the overall defect rate and increase testing efficiency.
- Manage a group of test engineers providing: recruiting, performance expectations, coaching, mentoring, goals & priorities setting and career development.
- Make sure your team implements any department initiatives including all the high performing team behaviors
- Remove impediments
- Participate in the project prioritization meetings and communicating information up and down the line
- Work closely with security and change management teams to ensure processes, procedures, and best practices all conform to audits that Ultimate Software is required to pass
- Facilitate team communication regarding team issues
- Facilitate collaboration between software engineering, business stakeholders, project management and quality engineering groups.
- Develop and Facilitate a continuous learning environment investing in team members professional growth
- 5+ years’ experience as a Quality Engineer
- 2+ years’ as a people leader
- 3+ years’ experience with test automation and testing frameworks
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle
- Proficiency in Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Technical problem-solving skills
- Experience with test automation and testing frameworks & toolsets
- Experience driving positive change in the team via process improvement
- Experience setting goals and focusing on results
- Ability to be a leader within the team as well as someone who is able to represent the team within the company
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other groups within the organization
- Comfortable working on different projects simultaneously
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to cultivate collaboration
- Ability to manage expectations of various people internal and external to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Travel Requirement: upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Posted: March 15, 2018