SMG Food & Beverage Supervisor in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Monitors and supervises activities relating to food & beverage service for facility events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow weekly work schedule, as assigned by Director of Food and Beverage.
- POS Opening, Closing and Knowledge of system (will train).
- Assigns functions to supervisory staff.
- Trains assistants, captains and service staff on a weekly basis.
- Recommends and maintains service standards and procedures.
- Oversees concession stands and reports to Operations Manager any deficiencies.
- Monitors the physical condition of ballroom and function areas. Reports to Operations Manager any area that needs attention.
- Directs all aspects of maintaining existing equipment needed for banquet service and concession stands by working with stewarding, engineering and purchasing as needed.
- Oversees uniform control on concession and banquet items.
- Recommends and purchases any additional or replacement items and/or equipment.
- Oversees banquet par stock on consumables and monitors requisitions.
- Assists in controlling food and beverage costs. Monitors waste.
- Review captain's reports and sees they are distributed to proper people.
- Inventory control and ordering and follow up of banquet linens.
- Meet with all planners on a daily basis to review comments and concerns from their functions.
- Hold Banquet meetings to inform staff of policy changes and receive feedback from service personnel.
- Coordinate with kitchen and stewarding on the timing and production of functions.
- Oversees in conjunction with the appropriate department, the preparation, presentation and service of banquet food and beverage products to insure the highest quality at all times.
- Tend to any special projects assigned that pertain to the over-all food and beverage operation.
- Assures that a daily inspection report is done on all facilities so that they are continuously maintained by the proper areas.
- Reviews daily employee inspection by Captain for appearance.
- Oversees the service by the individual employee, to include porters, waiters and captains in order to maintain the standards of the center.
- Does or directs the scheduling of porters, waiters and captains on a weekly basis. Schedule is turned into Food and Beverage Controller for approval prior to distribution.
- Directs the removal of all items and cleaning of storerooms on a monthly basis.
- Takes or assigns the responsibility of counting the quantity of items received from the kitchen.
- Disciplines porters, waiters, captains as required if in variance to established standards or as directed.
- Directs set up of special functions involving the center.
- Handles last minute changes and inspects setup and staff for final conditions, will hold pre-function meetings to discuss meal, service and table assignments, etc.
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
- Maintains a qualified staff.
- Ensures proper training of personnel assigned.
- Supervisor "Cash Sales" to include inventory, receiving and deposit of monies.
- To assist management in other matters as requested.
- Position requires working both inside and outside in addition to the physical requirements of continuous walking, standing, sitting and lifting.
- Irregular hours dictated by events.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree from 2-year College or University
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous management experience in a similar venue.
- Demonstrated ability to control costs, generate increased revenue and manage accounts payable/receivable and financial reporting.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage several direct reports.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word a plus.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at -
Tina M. Vidal
SMG -- Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 954-765-5900
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Summary
Open - 02/27/2018 Close --
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled