SMG Concession's Stand Lead in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Concession Lead at the Broward County Convention Center. Responsible for assisting the Concessions Manager with all Food & Beverage activities for events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Employees with Setup of Concession Stand prior to opening with food and Beverage product condiments, napkins, utensils, etc.
- Assist employees with Taking customer orders and communicating them to the kitchen.
- Organize and serve customers with food ordered in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive client/customer and employee relationships
- Ensure staff is wearing gloves, hairnets and washing hands and keeping area clean, sanitized and organized
- Take temperatures of all food and place temps on temp sheets every day concession stand and prep room is in use
- Responsible for handling cash and opening and closing registers for scheduled cashiers
- Responsible for opening or closing shifts
- Supervising proper use of 50% and 100% usage of employee discounts as well as spoiled items
- Using FIFO when receiving and rotating inventory
- Assists Concessions Manager with inventory of all food and beverage product
- Clean and maintain Concession stands
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervise employees in the Food & Beverage Department in Concessions and concessions Kitchen. Under the direction of the Concessions Manager, Concessions Lead is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the concessions department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include overseeing, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in management level position in Food & Beverage or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- This position will work with limited supervision and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 20-50 lbs up to 10 minutes at a time
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Irregular hours dictated by events
Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG -- Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 954-765-5900
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Open -- 08/22/2017 Close -- 09/30/2017
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled