SMG Banquet Server in Ft Lauderdale, Florida
POSITION: Banquet Server
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Banquet Captain
FLSA STATUS: hourly/non-exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the General Manager for SAVOR. Broward County Convention Center has an immediate opening for Banquet Servers. This position will provide a high quality catering service for banquet events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event
- Prepares garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads
- Clean and fill salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assist with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary
- Prepare tables with place settings as instructed
- Establish and maintain positive client relationships
Breakdown tables and banquet equipment after each event
Clean and return serving pieces to proper storage area
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be compliant with health codes
- Must complete Alcohols Compliance Training
- High school diploma or GED
- One year's experience in the food industry
Skills and Abilities
- Must have attention to detail
- Must have good oral communication skills
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be results and self-driven
- Must be able to work flexible hours, irregular hours may exist
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 20-50 lbs up to 10 minutes at a time
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Irregular hours dictated by events
- Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Click on Link:
SMG -- Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 954-765-5900
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Open - 10/04/2017 Close -- TBD
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled