Ricoh Americas Corporation Senior DOT Delivery & Install Driver - Box Trucks in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Responsible for quality delivery, pick-up, relocation and installation of office equipment in a safe manner. Position requires basic operator training of the equipment delivered to the customer. Position requires federal DOT requirements met. Meet all Delivery Safety Standards. Prepares a broad range of office equipment for delivery and conducts basic installation of equipment at customer location. Additional responsibility may include supporting lead driver.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures equipment is safely delivered to the correct location.
- Maintains log books in accordance with DOT regulations (Electronic or manual)
- Responsible for pre and post trip reviews and ensures that his/her vehicle van/truck is safe and clean to operate and is compliant with all DOT and state laws
- Ability to assist with safety program and meetings.
- Works with Lead Driver/Sr. Supervisor on process development and implementation.
- Pre-calling customers when applicable.
- Strong customer service skills
- Identifies customer's needs and determines appropriate action; refers calls to appropriate party.
- Generally requires larger machine installation and more complex routes than Delivery Driver
- Conducts basic installation of equipment and provides basic key operation training at customer location as necessary
- Maintain professional appearance in driver uniform
- Contacts the Dispatch and/or service department if technician is needed.
- Ensures equipment is configured to the Bill of Lading, traveler or other documentation provided.
- Ensures equipment is properly loaded and secured in the boxed van/truck.
- Ensures all paperwork is signed and properly processed.
- Loading/ Off-loading trucks may apply.
- Help train new Delivery Drivers on new products & proper loading
- Follows all accident/incident reporting guidelines and procedures
- Requires basic knowledge of the equipment.
- Conducts cycle counts and inventory reconciliation when required.
- Ability to inspect inbound and outbound TC shipments.
- Ability to assist Lead Driver/Sr. Supervisor with daily operations.
- Assist leadership with daily scheduling validation including driver's daily runs and assignments.
- Meets appropriate productivity/quality standards relative to assigned job responsibility as outlined by manager.
- Responsible for an inventory value of up to $1,000,000.
- Overnight stays may be required.
- Operation and use of warehouse equipment, i.e., forklift, stair climber, pallet jack, is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Safe driving record and History
- Eligibility to drive a commercial vehicle according to FMCSR regulations.
- Must maintain valid driver's license in accordance with company policy.
- Minimum two years of medium-duty truck driving experience is required.
- Pass a road Test
- Valid and current medical card is required
- Be at least 20 years of age, properly licensed in his or her current state of residence.
- High school diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Valid commercial driver's license is required if applicable per state
- Ability to read maps and electronic GPS
- Overnight stays may be required based on DOT regulations or Peak Periods.
- Basic computer knowledge including Email and MS Office
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.